2015. április 6., hétfő


In the ever-relevant words of John Oliver, "Welcome to whatever this is!"

I'm Nóri, a 23 year old English literature major from Hungary, and this blog is my attempt at writing reviews for movies, TV series, albums, books, and anything else that catches my attention. I'm not a professional critic or even a writer of any kind, but I passionately love all things pop-culture and when I find something new to love I usually get this uncontrollable urge to talk about it to anyone who would listen, so instead of annoying the hell out of my family and all my friends with my random ramblings about favourite characters and such, I figured it would be time for me to start a blog where I can collect all of my thoughts and maybe, hopefully, discuss them with like-minded people. I already have a tumblr which kinda sorta serves the same purpose, but that's more like a collection of reblogged gifsets and uncontrolled fangirling than a place for actual serious discussion.

Now, "serious" might not be the best word to describe my blogging style, and what you should know about my reviews above everything is that they're never going to be entirely objective. As I said earlier, I'm not a professional, I know very little about the technical background of music- and filmmaking, and I don't pretend that I do. What I do know, however, is how to be an obsessed fan, and that involves long paragraphs of off-tangent ramblings about anything and everything that might come to my mind regarding the piece that I'm reviewing, which include but are not limited to childhood memories, personal details, and very specific descriptions about how the discussed piece of media makes me feel. If you like that sort of reviewing, this is definitely the place for you.

Now, just a few quicks words about just what exactly it is that I am gonna be reviewng here:

Music: I mainly listen to hard rock and various subgenres of metal, but I'm open to pretty much anything, from 90s boybands to movie soundtracks to Celtic folk music. Still, I'm mainly gonna review the latest rock/metal releases, as well as older albums that I might be discovering just now. A list of my favourite bands and artists can be found here.

Movies: When it comes to music I'm even more open-minded. I'll literally watch anything if someone recommends it to me, and I do mean it. I'm currently doing a "100 movies in 1 year" challenge for the fourth year in a row, where the only thing that matters is that the movie has to be new to me, so expect reviews of older movies as well as the newest releases.

TV Series: Again, I'm an omnivore when it comes to TV. Obviously I'll be more willing to start a new series if an actor I already like is in it or if the plot interests me, but some of my biggest favourites didn't cut any of those criteria when I started them, so it's not really a necessity. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to review every single episode of every single ongoing show that I watch, otherwise I wouldn't be able to eat or sleep or go outside ever again (if you don't believe me, check out my list here), but I'll do my best to cover as many and as often as possible.

Books: Mainly fantasy and historical fiction, but again, all I need is a convincing recommendation and I'll read the thing, whatever it is. Just as with movies, I'll be reviewing both old and new books.

To make things a little bit more interesting and colourful, beside the regular reviews I also plan to do other fun stuff, like thematic movie marathons, series of posts about the careers of certain artists, top 10 lists, and various other things. I have like a million ideas that I'm very excited to bring to life, and I'll do my best to never let this blog become stale and boring. Also, if there's anything, and I really do mean anything, that you'd like for me to watch/read/listen to and review, all you need to do is post a comment about it somewhere. I love it when people ask for my opinion, so don't be afraid to do so!

Other things that I'm interested in and that might come up sporadically are football, history, poetry, video games, languages, learning about foreign countries, cultures and religions, and probably a billion other things that I'm forgetting right now. I'm very open minded and always eager to learn about new things, so please don't be surprised if I suddenly start going on about something that I've never mentioned before... I can guarantee that's gonna happen a lot.

Alright then, that's about it for my introduction. I plan to be back tomorrow night with my first actual post, so see you then!









Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése