2018. szeptember 18., kedd

Top Ten Tuesday 09.18. - Books on My Fall 2018 TBR

This is going to be my first Top Ten Tuesday entry, and I’m excited! I was trying long and hard to think of some theme to make it special, but in the end I settled for the most obvious one: books published in fall 2018. That’s about as vague as you can get so there’s really a little bit of everything in here: fiction, non-fiction, fantasy, history, a bit of humour... now that I think about it, it’s a pretty good overview of my reading tastes in general! So without further ado, the top ten books I’m looking forward to read this fall are...

1. I'd Rather Be Reading: The Delights and Dilemmas of the Reading Life – Anne Bogel
Reading has been an integral part of my life, not to mention my nr. 1 hobby, ever since I was about four years old, so I have a feeling I’m gonna find this book insanely relatable


2. Small Spaces – Katherine Arden
I loved the first two books in Katherine Arden’s Winternight trilogy, and while I eagerly await the conclusion of Vasya’s journey, I got myself pretty psyched up for her upcoming children’s horror story.

3. Bridge of Clay – Markus Zusak
His first novel since The Book Thief, which is one of my personal favourites, so there was never any question about whether I’m gonna read this or not.


4. My Squirrel Days – Ellie Kemper
I don’t know much about Ellie Kemper as a person, but I LOVE Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and if her book proves just half as funny and  adorable as an average Kimmy episode, it’s gonna be great. 

5. Phoenix Unbound – Grace Draven
Grace Draven created one of my all-time favourite romantic pairings in her Wraith Kings series, and now she’s back with another unique fantasy romance that I’m expecting to love.


6. Black Flags, Blue Waters: The Epic History of America's Most Notorious Pirates – Eric Jay Dolin
Pirates! ...yeah, that’s pretty much it.

7. The Clockmaker's Daughter – Kate Morton
I’m a sucker for novels dealing with related events set in multiple time periods, and this one seems particularly interesting from the blurb.


8. The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein – Kiersten White
Who knew I ever neeed a book about the childhood of Elizabeth Lavenza, or a retelling of Frankenstein from her point of view? I didn’t, but I soon as I found out about its existence, I was sold.

9. How to Behave Badly in Elizabethan England: A Guide for Knaves, Fools, Harlots, Cuckolds, Drunkards, Liars, Thieves, and Braggarts – Ruth Goodman
That title pretty much sells the book I think. 


10. An Assassin's Guide to Love and Treason - Virginia Boecker
And finally, another Elizabethan adventure that promises to be both fun, romantic, and possibly educational.

+1. Blood’s Revolution – Angus Donald
I’m putting this in the ’+1’ position because it doesn’t even have a cover yet and right now I’m not convinced it’s actually coming out this October, but the first book in the series was one of my favourite historical fiction novels ever, and I know that if and when the sequel comes out, I’ll be here for it.

So there you have it! Please tell me what you think in the comments! Have you read any of these books? What other books along similar lines can you recommend to me? What are you planning to read this fall? What do you want for Christmas? Aren't kittens just the absolute best?

...Please just talk to me.


2 megjegyzés:

  1. I'm a big Kate Morton fan and while I didn't like THE CLOCKMAKER's DAUGHTER as much as her others, it's still an enjoyable read. I hope you like it and all the others on your list.

    Happy TTT!

    VálaszTörlés
    Válaszok
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to reading it :)

      Törlés