2019. február 13., szerda

WWW Wednesday 02.13.


February started out pretty miserable for me: I welcomed it by lying in my bed for a week, trying to get rid of a nasty flu. But hey, at least I got to read a lot while I was home, provided I could find the one position where my back wasn't killing me from all that lying and coughing. Good times, but thank God it's over now. So let's see what I'm reading this sunny WWW Wednesday now that I'm back on my feet and have less time but slightly more enthusiasm for new books!

Recently finished: Just a couple days ago I finished Women Who Dared by Jeremy Scott, a book that promised to be extremely interesting and right up my alley, but which ultimately proved rather disappointing. I guess morally questionable con artists and downright abhorrent socialites are not the kind of "strong women" I am looking to learn about. No offense to poor Mary Wollstonecraft who somehow ended up in this book and was basically its saving grace.

Currently reading: The book I picked up instantly when I realized I was sentenced to rest and read all week was The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett, a book I started years ago but put away when it got too much, and which I made tremendous progress on while I was sick. Then I started King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo, which I thought was going to be smooth sailing since I loved all the previous grisha books so much, but unfortunately it didn't quite grip me as much as its predecessors. I was actually supposed to finish it yesterday but then I found myself not at all in the mood for it, so I started Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett instead. It's the first book in my "Books adapted into movies or TV shows in 2019" challenge, and I love it so far! And then there's the previously mentioned The Dark Ages by Sir Charles Oman, which I'm trying to read at work whenever I get the chance. So yeah... I got a little carried away again with all these books. Let's just hope I can actually finish all of them at some point.

Next read: Of course, the one book I should be reading is none of these. It's Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor, the February choice in my reading group. Hopefully I can finish Good Omens in a few days and get started on this one.

Now tell me, what are YOU reading these days?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése